1. maybelline the buffs by color sensational - a nude lip can make as much of a statement as a bright one. lips that hint at nakedness are so sexy this spring. the most important step is selected a shade that looks like an amped up version of one's own lips, but maybelline makes that easy by having 10 flesh tones from which to choose. $7.49.
2. NARS matte multiple in siam - bright cheeks are always best when greeting the first tulips of the spring. a vibrant cheek without a hint of sheen is the most up-to-date version of this look for spring 2014. the new NARS matte multiple is available in 7 equally perfect hues, but siam (poppy red) is boundary-pushing in a divine way. trust me. $39.
3. clinique acne solutions clinical clearing gel - turned-up cheeks and naked lips look their best when the backdrop is flawless skin, which can be tricky to achieve with daily weather fluctuations. well, clinique has done the unthinkable -- this product has studies showing users had the same results as those who used prescription acne gels. $17 for 0.5 ounces.
4. dove advanced care anti-antiperspirant/deodorant - an unexpected rise in temperature (the thing i'm crossing my fingers for) can lead to over-layering and sweat. dove's newest offers 48 hours of odor and wetness protection. available in 8 subtle but distinct scents. i like nourished beauty because it combines my two favorite florals - rose and jasmine. SRP $4.99-6.49.
5. nail rock nail sequin manicure in sequin green - textured nails continue to delight. this version feels appropriate for the month of st. patrick's day. $7.00.