1. nomaterra fragrance in miami - the colder it gets outside, the more i gravitate towards a beach-inspired scent. this perfume contains coconut, jasmine, and sandalwood - all the ingredients that trick my mind into thinking i'm in a bikini, not a winter coat. $96.
2. clinique high impact extreme volume mascara - crushes stereotypes of clinique as a brand that only does "natural" looks. this mascara brings the mega-lash power, it's both volumizing and thickening. for extra wow-factor, go for the "extreme black" shade. $19.50.
3. suave skin solutions soothing with aloe - remember how seriously i take my skincare in winter? flaky dry skin is no joke. this lotion is so hydrating, it feels clinical, yet offers also offers gentle fragrance. i love the smell of the aloe version.
4. maybelline colorsensation vivids lipstick in neon red - neon red is shockingly bright, almost univerisally flattering, so effing sexy. perfect for valentine's day. available at mass retailers nationwide.
5. redken quick tease 15 - like sunny scents, big hair makes me happy on bone-cold days. a spritz of this to the roots is transformational. available at select salons.