thank you to all of you that joined me last night on twitter for my fashion week beauty tip party, sponsored by aveeno.
for those of you who couldn't make it, or just want a review, here are some of the highlights from last night:
- one of the biggest makeup trends seen backstage for fall 2013 was a bold eye with exaggerated color, but no strong eye works without a good base. aveeno smart essentials anti-fatigue eye treatment is mine. plus, i love a roller eye treatment because it massages away puffiness!
- between going backstage to check on trends, i get to hit up various lounges, and usually get offered one great blowout – and i need to make it last. i’ve gotten 4 additional days from a blowout with aveeno pure renewal dry shampoo.
- i love a bright lip, but the insane weather had my lips cracking all fashion week. in order to get a smooth look I’d apply aveeno essential moisture lip conditioner before my makeup, wait 10, and finish with a bold lippie!
- one of the trickiest, but most important things to remember after long days of backstage and parties is to always wash off your makeup! i love a gentle cleanser, especially with harsh weather, and use aveeno ultra-calming foam cleanser.
- wet the hair with water, add a little volume spray at the root and apply small amount styling glaze; blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
- next flat iron hair straight and apply aveeno pure renewal dry shampoo to roots to create texture and lift; next use a tall comb and tease roots.
- take a paddle brush and smooth over hair for additional shine, your hair will still have a lot of volume up top.
- finally, take a banana clip from the back of the head and tie it to create a faux hawk.
- tease the hair coming out of the banana clip to create texture, spray a bit more dry shampoo at the ends to finish.
a few Q+A responses that i loved:
- @EmilsIzz asks how to keep locks fresh in this weather - i get dandruff from dry weather and use aveeno nourish + dandruff control shampoo and conditioner.
- @Marazipan asks what trends emerged for fall 2013 -- there were many inspirations -- but london, the 1990s, and punk were big!
- @alywalansky asks what beauty trends i loved this week -- the answer is crazy nails and big hair!
- @Marazipan asks which aveeno must-haves go in an emergency kit - definitely the aveeno positively radiant cleansing pads.
- @eye4style asks for tips on applying dry shampoo; roots only, don't go overboard, and comb thru after with finger.
- @stephanienola wondered about the latest nail trends backstage -- lots of nail designs are still in -- and of course emerald, the color of 2013.
editor's note: please be advised that i am a brand ambassador for aveeno and this party was part of a sponsored collaboration. all ideas expressed are my own.