1. the contemporary eau de cologne by thirdman - a recent addition to bergdorf goodman and neiman marcus, these light fragrances are unisex and meant for a household, based on an old european tradition. wearers should apply after their daily shower. can be worn alone or in combination with your signature scent. available in three scents - eau monumentale, eau moderne and eau profonde.
2. a bouquet of ranunculi/ranunculuses - during last month's trip to san diego my fiance and i visited the carlsbad ranunculus gardens. seeing the brightly colored rows of this rose-relative was a breathtaking, and somewhat anachronistic, experience. they bloom in the spring, so be sure to grab a bunch before they go into hiding for the next several months.
3. clinique repairwear uplifting firming cream* - i love clinique's repairwear line. with mother's day on may 12, it's the perfect time to set a mother/daughter goal to take care of your skin.
4. thakoon for NARS nail polish - this collaboration is the buzz of the beauty world right now. the shades are inspired by the colors found at an indian spice market. amchoor*, the vibrant yellow, will be adorning my tips all month long.
5. st. germain liqueur - at a recent dove real beauty event i tried a cool & spicy gimlet: jalepeno infused gin, st germain, fresh lime juice and a cucumber slice. every guest i entertain in may will be enjoying this recipe.