my best friend, and author of the incredibly articulate personal style blog self styled serendipity (and hottest woman on earth, see above picture for supporting evidence), recently told me she was on the hunt for a matte, bright, peach lip color.
since amy used to work sephora and the shiseido counter she knows makeup speak - therefore she chose the perfect adjectives to describe her desired lippie. i chose those same adjectives - matte, bright and peach - to search the beauty files for her perfect shade.
here are the top twelve contenders:
from this project i learned that like the juicy fruit itself - peach comes in many hues - some more coral, some orange, some pinks, and some flesh tones. mass brand and prestige brands had shades that fit the bill - some even had the words peach or nectar in the name. within this range there should be a peach for every skin tone, budget and desired level of drama.
from wrist to elbow:
- MAC sheen supreme lipstick - gotta dash!
- nuance salma hayek color vibrance lipstick - coral
- three custom color specialists classic lipstick - cool peach
- three custom color specialists classic lipstick - cococabana
- bobbi brown rich lip color - rich coral
- covergirl lip perfection - rapture
- lime crime opaque lipstick - cosmopop
- mark lipstick - coral fixation
- bobbi brown rich lip color - sweet nectar
- maybelline color sensational high shine lipstick - coral lustre
- maybelline color sensational high shine lipstick - peachy scene
- wet n wild mega last lip color - just peachy
my pick for best matches - meaning these two are the brightest, the most truly peach, and the most matte - are lime crime opaque lipstick in cosmopop and wet n wild mega last lip color in just peachy. now that amy has 12 colors to chose from i can't wait to see exactly which version of peach she was envisioning.
have a peachy week, beauties!