each season i look forward to the collaboration of lancome and chris benz, and for fall 2010 the look did not disappoint.
lancome's lead makeup artist daniel martin and benz agreed on a "gothic chic" look, reminiscent of seattle in the 90s -- but softer. the icon of the look was described as a bad high school girl sent to outward bound. for me, the look bought back memories of sleep-away camp in the 90s.
eyes and lips drew equal attention. skin was matte and flawless with a defined cheek, eyes were dark and shimmery - layering shades of charcoal and chocolate for a warm smoky eye - and lips were an updated 90s lined brown. rather than the clearly defined lip liner we are too familiar with from 1994, this liner was gradually blended into the lipstick, so there's no harsh lines. finally, redken styled the hair into a messy half-french braid loop.
the finished hair on a model getting her makup done by michelle phan, newest addition to the lancome family
makeup products used -- mostly available through lancome-usa.com:
- Lancôme Ombre Magnétique in Black (NEW for Fall 2010)
- Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in Guest List
- Lancôme Le Stylo Waterproof EyeLiner in Noir
- Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Excessive Black
- Lancôme Le Crayon Poudre brow pencil in Sable (used as lip liner)
- Lancôme Color Design Matte lipstick in Bronze Show (available in mid-March, exclusively at Macy’s)
- Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Hallucination
- Lancôme Photôgenic Lumessence foundation
- Shu Uemura Sheer loose powder
- Lancôme Blush Subtil in Mauve Coquette
- Lancôme Blush Subtil in Cappuccine (for the contour)
- Lancôme nail polish in Sweet Nude (part of a mini trio, new for fall)