my hair's been taking shots. just last thursday it downed a "clear moisture" and a "color extend".
redken's chemistry is an in-salon service that provides customized moisturizing treatment.
first there's the "shot phase", which can be one or any combination of the following, depending on what the stylist feels your hair is in need of:
- clear moisture - for normal/dry hair
- extreme - for distressed hair
- color extend - for color-treated hair
- all-soft - for dry, brittle hair
- smooth down - for very dry/fizzy hair
- real control - for dense, dry, sensitized hair
- 3.5 - for chemically treated hair
- 5.5 - for slightly damaged/less processed hair
the whole treatment, depending on the salon usually runs around $35.
tip: get the treatment the morning of a special occasion, then you have the perfectly coiffed look of "salon hair" for your event, and the benefits of the treatment for weeks to come. look up salons offering redken chemistry (indicated by a yellow "C" next to their name) here.